BADGERLAND NOTE: Victoria Lenius was Badgerland’s Top Cookie Seller in 2016. And…she sold more cookies than any other Girl Scout in all of Wisconsin last year! Just how many cookies did she sell? 5,379 boxes! With that kind of success, we asked Victoria to share some of her tips to cookie success and what she most enjoys about being part of the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
By: Victoria Lenius, Madison Cadette Troop 2082
I love selling cookies. It’s a treat every year to see the new prizes and decide which ones I want to earn. I love that my mom lets us always buy a few boxes to eat throughout the sale. I love talking with customers and telling them about the charity my troop is supporting through Cookie Share. Many customers donated between a quarter to a dollar. Because of their donations, our troop was able to buy a lot of cookies that we decided to donate for the homeless. I love that our troop gets money and that we can do fun activities throughout the year. Some of the awesome things we’ve done include horseback riding, skiing, swimming and Rockin’ Jump.
Here are some of my tips for selling cookies:
- Always make eye contact.
- Talk loud enough for customers to hear you.
- Use an assertive voice.
- Use good manners.
- Know how to make change quickly. Practice if necessary.
- Say “Hello” or another greeting. Don’t just say, “Would you like to buy Girl Scout cookies?”
- Stay friendly and chat with the customers throughout the sale and always say thank you.
- Set reasonable goals and don’t give up!
- Set your goals in parts so you can achieve small pieces at a time.
- Never forget your uniform and keep it up-to-date. Know your badges and patches, because I’ve learned customers like to talk about them and will be more likely to buy cookies when we talk about them.
You must be logged in to post a comment.